• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ParityCheck

How 2 load large bitmaps?

This topic is 5427 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m working on a simple GUI in DX8 and VC6 for my project. I''m trying to load a bitmap on the screen to serve as a simple backdrop but for some reason I can''t load heavy images. I rtied loading images of about 500K but all I see is white. I Reduced the image size until it reached around 50K then was my program able to load the image. But a 58K image is just too low quality for the image I wanna load. How do I load a large Image in my Back drop?

Advertisement
Hi
This is just an idea, im not sure it will solve your problem:
check your video card capacity using the IDirect3DDevice8::GetDeviceCaps(), which fills a D3DCAPS structure, then check the field MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE. The function and the field name may be incorrect, but all I know is that the maximum texture size your hardware can handle is given by a field of the D3DCAPS structure.
Hope this helps

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!