Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nacho

Getting the elapsed time from a midi segment

Hi! I´m giving the finishing touches to my simple game and I´m having some trouble with the audio part. I´m using DirectMusic 6.1 to play midi songs in the game´s menu and the game´s loop. Since the game unloads all the resources (surfaces, sound buffers, etc) when it switches from one state to another (for example: from the menu to the game loop), the music restarts from the beggining as well when the game returns to the previous state (the game loop to the menu). I´ve been thoroughly examining the DirectMusic documentation because I need to find a way to retrieve the elapsed time of a midi segment so, when I have to unload the segment due to a switch in the current state, I keep the elapsed time in a variable that will be used when the segment needs to be loaded and played again. Unfortunately, I haven´t been able to find a method to achieve that, can anybody of you help me? Thanks a lot! --Ignacio Liverotti iliverotti@hotmail.com

Guest Anonymous Poster
Why not just keep track of it yourself? You really won''t need much precision anyway..
And as for the obvious solution: don''t reload your resources in the first place.

Thanks for replying!

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
Why not just keep track of it yourself? You really won''t need much precision anyway..

Yeah, well, I thought about that. But how can I set the initial point of execution for a midi segment?

--Ignacio Liverotti
iliverotti@hotmail.com