• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobertC

VBO + DrawElements prob with latest drivers

This topic is 5473 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is anyone having any problems with glDrawElements and the latest drivers (50.something)? My program will always crash on the first instance of glDrawElements. But if i go back to the 44.03 drivers, then it works fine.

Advertisement
dont know if earlier drivers have that problem, but i had some problems using vbo and fragment program. vertex array has to be enabled to work, but enabling anything else (index array, normal array, whatever array) will crash (but only if fragment program is enabled).

so no matter what arrays youre using, in my case it helped to not enable anything but vertex arrays (but still set all the pointers).

I might try and reinstall those latest drivers and try only enabling the vertex array. Maybe the ones i used hadn''t installed properly? although i did try it twice :/

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!