Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Extrarius

Genetic Programming Books

I'm really interested in Genetic Programming, and I've read a few papers and I understand the basic ideas of mutation and crossover, creating new genes randomly, etc. I was just wondering what books would best serve as a bridge from the basics to anything more advanced, and which books cover any advanced parts of GP. I've been looking into Koza's books, and the reviews I've read make them sounds pretty good, but are they worth the high cost? Would it be better/just as good to just read the papers he's written instead? If so, which papers would you recomend? [edited by - extrarius on November 17, 2003 4:56:03 PM]

I''d suggest "Genetic Programming : An Introduction", by Wolfgang Banzhaf, Nordin, Keller and Francone (ISBN: 155860510X).

-Predictor
http://will.dwinnell.com

quote:
Original post by Extrarius
I''m really interested in Genetic Programming, and I''ve read a few papers and I understand the basic ideas of mutation and crossover, creating new genes randomly, etc. I was just wondering what books would best serve as a bridge from the basics to anything more advanced, and which books cover any advanced parts of GP.
I''ve been looking into Koza''s books, and the reviews I''ve read make them sounds pretty good, but are they worth the high cost? Would it be better/just as good to just read the papers he''s written instead? If so, which papers would you recomend?

Googling for Paul Kent Dolan and traveller. Nothing could beat working program and source code.
It was done more as testbed for genetic algorithms than as attempt to solve that problem.