• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Syrillix

what happened to D3DTSS_ADDRESSU and D3DTSS_ADDRESSV in dx9

This topic is 5331 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i've been rebuilding my app framework with dx9 and while testing some old things out i noticed that you cant control the tex cooord addressing in dx9. did they move it, or totally remove it and why? edit: nevermind i found.. though if anyone knows why they did this i'd like to know Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'... - Shawshank Redemption If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong? - Unknown Fulcrum [edited by - syrillix on November 17, 2003 7:30:27 PM]

Advertisement
It's now a Sampler State.

-Nik

EDIT:
They decoupled them because texture stage states are only valid on fixed-function rasterizers, while the newly-named sampler states affect both fixed and programmable pipes.
This apparently reduces device state changes; i haven't pondered this much, though

[edited by - Nik02 on November 17, 2003 7:38:21 PM]

yeah, i just found that one out then by accident.

Get busy livin'' or get busy dyin''... - Shawshank Redemption
If a man is talking in the forest, and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong? - Unknown
Fulcrum

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!