Bezier and nurbs surfaces

Started by
2 comments, last by passy01 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi guys, I need some serious help! I am new to directX and desperately need to draw some 2D bezier and nurbs surfaces using DirectX. I have been looking on the net and most tutorials on nurbs or bezier are full of maths junkies. Do you guys perhaps know a quick and easy way of doing this using directX APIs? Many Thanks
Passy
Advertisement
Direct3D doesn''t handle parametric surfaces as far as I know. Did you look for a library or anything that handles parametric surfaces?

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
Really, That''s too bad since i was in the mood for DirectX. but that''s a shame if directX does not support parametric curves and surfaces. This is supposed to be one of the major graphics APIs in use. Just had another search on the net and got quite a lot of stuff with OpenGL. but I must confess the functions calls to draw these nurbs surfaces are very hairy, definitely not meant for those unfamiliar to nurbs concepts.
do you guys know a better alternative than openGL?
Passy
Take a look at the book listed in my signature. There is some bezier surface functionality in DirectX. I cover that a little bit, but I also give the "full solutions" for the parts that DirectX doesn''t support.

Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials
Author, "Real Time Rendering Tricks and Techniques in DirectX", "Focus on Curves and Surfaces", A third book on advanced lighting and materials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement