• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HexDump

Does anybody use 3dmax as his Game Editor? Help here.

This topic is 5423 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have been reading an article on Gamasutra about using max as a Game Editor, and I´m really interested in the idea, because it can save lota of time, because it should be faster to write some 3d studio plugins than a level map editor from scratch. Right now, we´re writing an horizontal old school shooter (like rtype, etc... but in 3d), and I would like to load entities (enemies, etc...), apply paths to them, attach entities (in order to create dependencies), export scene information, add properties to the entities, etc... I mean, everything a 3d game editor should do but in max. I have written a max exporter, but don´t know what should I do next in order to achieve the features I exposed before. Could someone give me a piece of advice about this?. I have searching the net looking for info but could not find anything. Thanks in advance, HexDump.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!