Preferred model formats

Started by
2 comments, last by huru 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, I''m curious, what model formats are you using in your own projects? For a) Animated objects like player characters.. b) Static objects like barrels, crates.. c) Large objects like houses Also, why are you using your chosen format? I''m pretty n00b with models so I''m interested in your opinions, also would appreciare pointers to example code (C/C++) for e.g model loaders for your chosen format. Thanks -h-
-h-
Advertisement
a) self-made format using ubs-curved-surfaces with bone-dependant controll points for animation
b) milkshape 3d
c) milkshape 3d

ms3d-loading-tutorials are availible at nehe''s tutorial pages and at gametutorials and ....

our new version has many new and good features. sadly, the good ones are not new and the new ones are not good
a/ dotXSI
b/ dotXSI
c/ dotXSI

dotXSI is a file format supported and promoted by SoftImage.
There''s a file toolkit available to ease use of the file format.
Read/Write dotXSI format for SoftImage 3D, SoftImage XSI, Maya, 3D Studio Max...
http://www.softimage.com/connect/xsi/

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-
Thanks for replies

I know there''s a lot of tutorials & sample code and I''ve been browsing a lot, sorry if I asked for obvious, no need to point those at gametutorials, gamedev, flipcode.. But if you have some pointers you have found especially useful feel free to give a hint, maybe I haven''t encountered it yet

-h-
-h-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement