where should i go to school

Started by
4 comments, last by lefnire 20 years, 5 months ago
I''m considering fullsail or collins college, AZ; however, these are pretty expensive colleges and i''ve heard from some gamers that it doesn''t really matter where you go to school, and also that those intense game design programs are too short for enough exposure. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
quote:Original post by lefnire
I''m considering fullsail or collins college, AZ; however, these are pretty expensive colleges and i''ve heard from some gamers that it doesn''t really matter where you go to school, and also that those intense game design programs are too short for enough exposure. Any suggestions?

If you were interested in a Computer Science degree or Software Engineering degree, these two have been the best and in the top 3 for years:

MIT, in the US
U of Waterloo, in Canada

They are the top two computer schools in North America and have been for a very long time.

Although for U of Waterloo in Canada you need a minimum of 85% (most likely would have to be 90%) for Computer Science, 90% (most likely would be 95%) for computer engineering, and software engineering is a little higher still.

I have no clue on how the US rates admissions in their schools, so I can''t comment.
As far as Collins College goes, I would not recommend it. What they say and what they do are two totally different things. You might want to try the University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, AZ. As a matter of fact they''re 3 miles from Collins College. Best of all is that they offer a Bachelor''s of Game Design. the phone number escapes me right now, I believe gamasutra has the phone number of any phone book. Hope this was helpful.
HOME SCHOOLING is the best!
I googled and found this:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad/rankings/phdsci/brief/com_brief.php

--
Dave Mikesell Software & Consulting
Thanks for the advice, i too heard that collins wasn''t all that. I want a bachelor''s in game design, what about the art institute in san fransisco? i''m hoping to spend minimum, naturally (only prices i know are collins, fullsail, and digipen which are around 60k each.. is that the running price for a bachelor''s in game design?)
Also... homeschool? Could I get away with that? That would definitely be ideal, to replace the resume with the project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement