Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Debuging fullscreen for D3DX

This topic is 6360 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wonering if there are some flaggs that will allow me to debug in full screen (I just converted my code to D3DX). Obviously now when I step through the CreateContext function it jumps to fullscreen and puts DevStudio in the background, thus lockin'' me out! Thanks, ~S''Greth Got Code?

Before, I had to actually step throught the setcooperativelevel funtion and it would come back to DevStudio, if I set a breakpoint after set cooperativelevel and didn''t step over it the application would just hang with a blank screen because DevStudio was behind it. Now I can''t really step over setcooperativelevel because it isn''t there anymore. Hrmmm...
~S''Greth

Got Code?

There isn''t really anyway to debug in fullscreen. Can''t you just do your debugging in windowed mode?

----------------------------------------
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

That wouldn''t work though because to get the DD object from the D3DX interface you have to call thet createcontext function which throws the app into full screen. There is no time to call it yourself first Lol, guess this is a good excuse to pick up that second monitor =) hehehe
~S''Greth

Got Code?

I don''t know if this may help you but it helped much in my case. Try using remote debugging. Just run on on PC the Visual Studio and on the other one the program. So you can wath the debug screen all the time. Just have a look in the MSDN help for "remote debugging".