Microsoft against Hasbro

Started by
8 comments, last by spikey 23 years, 9 months ago
You knew that Microsoft also sells a value bundle with the old arcade games on it. Like pacman etc. So how will that end, Microsoft has more money then Hasbro But I think that Hasbro uses this case mainly as a test case, if they win. They also win from every other company in the USA who have a simular game like they like to protect/ own. If Hasbro wins, egames will need to fire very much of there staff. And in Europe they only can sell there products.
Advertisement
Why did varcon settle by the way? They haven''t a specific deal with hasbro.

GT settled only because of a deal with Hasbro for selling mac titles of them.
I''d buy a ticket to that fight! They actually have the cash to force Hasbro to shut the hell up.

Microsoft''s lawyers would eat Hasbro''s for lunch in that type of lawsuit.

It is that very reason that you will NEVER see this case happen.
Do you all see how bad this is becoming?

We''re hoping that Microsoft will save us!

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom." --William Blake

"The road of excess also just ends making me tired because I'm too lazy" --Nazrix
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Microsoft doesn''t have anything to worry about. The ''Return of the Arcade'' series was produced UNDER LICENSE from Atari before Hasbro aquired the Intellectual Property rights of the games. Thus there is no basis for a suit because a contract has already been made allowing Microsoft to publish those games.
My guess is that most companies sued by Hasbro have been already owned directly or indirectly by Microsoft since long time ago. In fact, most publishers and game companies only use DirectX. It stinks.

Microsoft pretends to help these companies.

Mike
I meant "most of these publishers and game companies sued, only use DirectX. It stinks."

Frankly, I would love to see Microsoft jump on Hasbro like a 500lb gorilla
and rip it apart so all us indies can feed on it afterwards like a wild pack
of blood-thirsty hyenas.
Microsoft have the right for using the pacman character and the other classic games, they asked Atari for permissions. And got there permission. So there won''t be any fight.
I know. I''m telling you what *I want* to see happen to Hasbro whatever the
circumstances might already be. Somebody should circulate some false rumours
to get Microsoft pissed at Hasbro about something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement