ARB meetings

Started by
9 comments, last by TheMummy 23 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I read the notes of the last ARB meetings. It seems that Microsoft doesn''t spend enough resources on making the openGL 1.2 implentation for win2000. I have some questions: Why does MS has to make the ogl implentations ? Couldn''t somebody else code it ? Nvidia for example, the people there seem to have enough motivation doing it.
Advertisement
The GeForce has an OpenGL1.2 compliant driver does it not?
Paul Grovespauls opengl page
remember win2000 was meant to come with opengl1.2 now thats meant to fixed in sp1, now ive read that ain''t gonna happen till later. hmmm why doesn''t that surprise any of us. oh well. yeah mate the latest versions of the nvidia drivers are IIRC opengl 1.2 at least thats the info i get back when i query them (ain''t tested as such yet). personally i say why bother waiting 4 MS just use extensions if u wanna do stuff that ain''t in opengl 1.1. i know its a bit of a pain in the ass but programming ain''t meant to be easy
I really think it''s time that one of the two (DX / OGL) has to be discontinued

comeon man

all the double work
on a side note it looks good news about them wanting to push opengl along ahead quicker to stay ahead of d3d. BTW whats happened to the last meeting notes they seem to have been removed from the server when i checked a few days ago. IMHO the whole things been a bit sketchy though some meetings minutes recorded some not
Hmm 3d textures in a software OpenGL driver....

The only useful thing that a full OpenGL1.2 ICD will give us is multitexturing without the call to wglGetFunction - I can live without everything else.

I don''t think we''ll be seeing it for a very long time.

Paul.
Paul Grovespauls opengl page
not to nitpick but wasn't that 1.2.1 (multitexturing i mean) which is quite funny when ms finally catch up we wont even be able top do multitexturing. IDEA f the mothers we're men at least some of us are, we don't need em

Edited by - zedzeek on July 14, 2000 9:15:46 AM
Yeah MS is to slow for us!
Couldn''t we write the implentation on our own?

What about Linux, when will ogl 1.2 be availbale there?
Sooner or later everyone will be using DirectX
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I won''t !

Actually I am too tired to go one!

I hope someone else is still out there to keep the fire of well developed Apis burning in these dark ages of hatred and monopolism. Waiting for a better time!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement