Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mippmapping dosn´t work

This topic is 6363 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have 16 quads that represent one side in a cube. Every quad look like this: ////////////////////////////// Vertex (x,y) 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.5, 0.5, 0.0, 0.0, 0.5, 0.0 Texture (u,v) 0.00, 0.00 0.50, 0.00 0.50, 0.50 0.00, 0.50 ///////////////////////////// All quads use the same texture, a chess pattern. The texture have the size 256x256 and the pattern size is 32. I use this scene to test mipmapping in Direct3D Retained mode. When I translate the quad in and out and change texture filter (nearest, linear, mipnearest...) I can´t see no diffrence! Nearest filter look like linear mip linear filter. What am I doing wrong? Please help, Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos Edited by - Zeblar Nagrim on 7/14/00 3:47:06 AM

It could be that linear mipmap filtering isn''t supported by your card. Linear mipmap filtering requires the card to access two textures and then blend the color together, thus you need two texture units on the card.

- WitchLord

I have done exactly the same test in OpenGL and D3DIM and it works. My textures size is 256. I think Retained mode make the mipmap chain (256x128x64x32x16x8x4x2) internally, so linear filter is not a problem. I have a NIVIDA RIVA TNT PCI card.

No I have test with one (1) quad of size 2 x 2 units. My texture is still 256x256 with 32x32 chess pattern size. It still no difference between nearest filter and mipnerest filter. I can see with my eyes that graphic pipeline does not filter my texels.

Zeblar Nagrim, Lord of Chaos