Books and possible alternatives to consider?

Started by
0 comments, last by machuidel 20 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I''m just about to buy the following books: - Math for 3D Game Programming and Computer Graphics by Eric Lengyel (Reason: To make sure my vector/matrix math is up-to-date and learn about the more advanced stuff) - Data Structures for Game Programmers by R. Penton (Reason of buying: Hope to find something I didn''t know that''s worth knowing) - Tricks of the 3D Game Programming by Andre Lamothe (Reason of buying: To learn more about software rasterising/rendering and designing a 2D/3D simulation engine) - Maths: A Student''s Survival Guide by Jenny Olive (Reason of buying: To make sure I haven''t missed any basic math. You never know - E: the Story of a Number by Eli Maor (Reason of buying: To learn more about the history of E) The bad thing is I haven''t been able to peek inside any of them, because none of them are available in any bookstore close to my house. I based my choices on reviews from Flipcode, Gamedev and Amazon and forum conversations. Can someone please give me some alternatives to these books and why they are better or worse? Thank you
Mike Machuidel
Advertisement
Those last 2 just look like you are spending money just to spend money. Get the others first, if there is any basic math you don''t understand, then buy the book on basic math. The book on "e" won''t help you much with game programming I wouldn''t think, and I don''t think you need a whole book to explain it. Of course, I might be thinking of something different.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement