If I am running fullscreen, is it ever a bad idea to...

Started by
24 comments, last by PlayGGY 20 years, 4 months ago
... make the window be 0 pixels across, and 0 pixels down? It works for me (with XP), but I don''t know if it wouldn''t work with a different Windows version, or maybe it wouldn''t work for some other reason. Is there any reason not to do this?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Advertisement
Do you mean to set the video mode to 0x0 (which I don''t think cards support) Or have the application window be 0x0... If its the application window, I don''t think anything bad would happen in fullscreen, however I''ve never tried it, so....
quote:
Is there any reason not to do this?

is there any reason to do this?
- To learn, we share... Give some to take some -
I mean the application''s window.

Also, I would do this so it wouldn''t flash the popup window before going into fullscreen.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
the setting to stop it flashing is
hWnd = CreateWindow(name, caption, WS_POPUP , 0, 0, width, height, GetDesktopWindow(), NULL, wc.hInstance, NULL );
That would make the parent window the desktop, right?
not sure what you mean, but basically is your problem that when you make a ful screen the mouse still flickers on the sides and if u click it alt tabs?

basically that does is get rid of the borders or something
No, what I am saying is the window will show right before the display mode switches to full screen.

Anyways, I found this in MSDN:

If you attempt to create a device on a 0x0 sized window, IDirect3D9::CreateDevice will fail.

However, it works fine for me. Could someone else try it?
oh i c, how come u wanna do that? a splash screen?
If you make a window with no title bar or borders.. (preferably with a black or white background) that is exactly the size of the screen. It will change the screen to that color, which will make the resolution switch less noticable.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement