Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interview with Bjarne Stroustrup from artima.com

This topic is 5130 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

http://www.artima.com/intv/modern.html Thought it would be a useful read for those not that familiar/proficient with C++, and would be just an interesting/fun read for those otherwise. I like the part where he especially state that,
quote:
But if you look in my first book on C++, it says: we support traditional C style programming, and we do it better than C; we support data abstraction; and we support object-oriented programming.... This is why I say, "C++ supports object-oriented programming," usually adding "and it supports it better than some languages." I don''t say, "C++ is an object-oriented programming language." I never had the idea that there was just one right way of writing code. From the very beginning, the notion of using different styles or paradigms was there....
Now those out there who keep insisting that C++ IS an OOP language and insist on OOP as the only way to use C++, DIE!

quote:
Original post by dot
Now those out there who keep insisting that C++ IS an OOP language and insist on OOP as the only way to use C++, DIE!

C++ is an OOP language. OOP is the only way to use C++.