Is it me, or has the advertising budget for games gotten bigger

Started by
2 comments, last by Rochnarand 20 years, 4 months ago
I''m seeing a lot of ads for games this christmas season. It seems like there are more of them and they are played more often. Games are getting to be bigger and bigger business. I gotta get me a piece o dat yo. Happy Big Fun Weeelll!!! President Bush is a bitch He''s a big fat bitch He''s the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
Happy Big FunWeeelll!!!President Bush is a bitchHe's a big fat bitchHe's the biggest bitch in the whole wide world
Advertisement
Games are becoming such commonplace it''s only natural that marketing would increase. Partly because the holidays are coming up, partly becuase of the mentality of seeing games you enjoy advertised on TV - it just reinforces wanting to play them (which means to have them, which means to buy them). Depending on how important that kind of thing is to you, of course.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
> I''m seeing a lot of ads for games this christmas season.

Games sales follow a yearly seasonality pattern and Xmas is the highest point in the pattern. So yes there is a lot of ads these days, and expect even more games advertisements between now and Dec 25th. If you are looking for a cheap buy, wait until the last week of January when retailers make their after-xmas shelves cleanup.

-cb
I was watching some James Bond on SpikeTV this weekend and I could swear almost every commercial was for games. Of course they are hosting the SpikeTV computer game awards which is coming up this week or next.

GAMEDOGMA.COM
Project Management Consultant
VOTE FOR BUSH...FOUR MORE WARS!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement