FPS mod idea

Started by
7 comments, last by lcr 20 years, 4 months ago
I haven''t come up with a name or anything game is an online multiplayer sim of the clan wars in the fuedal era of japan (days of samurais, ninjas and monks). I was thinking of making it a bf 1942 mod, because of its large maps, the since of actually being in a war, vehichles (which would be horseback ridding in this game) and the point of taking over territory which was what went on in the fuedal era. As you already may have guessed the combat is going to mainly be melee fighting (with a few bows and shurikens here and there, which would be regular aim and shoot). Most melee systems in shooters have not been serious so instead, in this game the melee weapons you use will swing by the movement of the mouse. I liked the look of vf4 so I am looking for that art direction There is also going to be different classes to chose, but thats not so special Any suggestions, opinions or questions?
Advertisement
how large is ur team?
is this a MMORPG? or just a multiplayer (ie. 4-10 player) game.
i suggest the latter.

i hope you plan to get this done with in 2 years and are very familar with modding for the bf 1942 game.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

quote:Original post by lcr
As you already may have guessed the combat is going to mainly be melee fighting...
In a first-person perspective?

quote:Most melee systems in shooters have not been serious so instead, in this game the melee weapons you use will swing by the movement of the mouse.
And what about navigational movement? How do you look up or down, or left or right? How do you move forward or backward, and strafe?

quote:I liked the look of vf4 so I am looking for that art direction.
Sure. Whatever. Your basic design elements fail to come together. You fail to provide a glimpse of the objective, how it spans a story/episodic presentation (necessary to construct worthwhile levels) or what gameplay will be like/based on.

Try the "Hollywood pitch" technique: tell us in a single sentence what your game will be like by using popular games as references. A pitch for Kill Bill (by Quentin Tarantino; great cult flick, btw) could have gone "cult chop socky-Bruce Lee tribute/homage flick meets postmodern heroine revenge story, with more buckets of blood than cops at a Dunkin'' Donuts 2-for-1 sale." It''s a very effective visual technique, and forces you to boil your idea down to its essence.
I''ll try to get as many playing as possible (at least 32 maximum on server)

Its in 3rd person perspective, but it switches to first when you use a bow or a weapon that requires aiming.

Well when you swing your weapon you have to hold down the left mouse button. that way you can look around when you have to. a,s,d,w are going to be your strafe, and moving forward and backwards.

Character models are going to be realistic looking, most maps will be inspired by the japanese mountains,forests,castles, and villages. Gameplay is going to try to do like BF1942 does and puts you into a war, and makes you feel apart of the enviornment.
There's a Half-Life mod similar to this being made... well... it's in feudal Japan style...

http://www.planethalflife.com/bushido

[edited by - Aleks on November 27, 2003 6:29:48 AM]
-----Mr. Chainsaw came and took my legs a long, long time ago
Yeah I heard of it, but I believe the gameplay I vision will make the game turn out differently.
I beleive that ninjas were not around when samuaris were. Of course, that doesn't matter if the game is good. Just to tell you.

[edited by - PlayGGY on November 27, 2003 11:52:41 PM]
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Ninjas actually were. They were outlawed and policed by the samurai, I did research on the era to make it more realistic, so I know my stuff.
quote:Original post by PlayGGY
I beleive that ninjas were not around when samuaris were. Of course, that doesn''t matter if the game is good. Just to tell you.

[edited by - PlayGGY on November 27, 2003 11:52:41 PM]

They were. Tokugawa Ieyasu had serious problems with them offing his underlings until he ordered a major crackdown, if I recall correctly.
http://edropple.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement