Heightmap to TIN?

Started by
-1 comments, last by buntyHunter 20 years, 4 months ago
My father told me about days like these. "Son," he said, "there will come a day when you want to experiment." I was eight at the time... oh the nightmares that followed. Yes you guessed it! I''m looking for TIN data for my final year project. More accurately, I''m looking for a program to convert greyscale heightmaps into optimised TIN meshes. I''ll be feeding in HUUUUUUUUGE (think Jo Brand but bigger and more erm... lumpy)("impossible!" I hear you cry) images. Puget Sound on steroids anyone? I''d like to collect a TIN mesh at a given error level, ready for me to slice, dice and mince into small sausages balls shaped into quadtree splendour. I would greatly appreciate any friendly hints, links and/or medication. I''ve googled my ass off, but the dozen programs I''ve downloaded so far either (1) won''t compile, (2) don''t produce TIN files (damn you!!!), (3) won''t convert the data to another format to be used by a further program that produces TIN files (eh?), or (4) produce sheep on my desktop... which are nice but don''t really help. Muchas gracias penis. Jones.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement