My Tetris clone

Started by
5 comments, last by asdasd12345 20 years, 4 months ago
Will people please download my Tetris clone from my website and check out the game and the code? Please keep in mind that as of about 2 months ago, I didnt know how to write a hello world program. I am also proud of the fact that I did not look at anyones else tetris code to complete the game, I tried to figure it all out myself. It is called T-block and you can get it from www.geocities.com/asdasd12345. It is just the source code. I would like advice on what I could do better.
http://www.geocities.com/asdasd12345/
Advertisement
This is pretty good considering you thought yourself fundamentals of programming and managed to make these games at the same time.

May i ask you what kind of data structures you used in your code? And which one of them you found most difficult to work with?

Also, it would be good if you could make tutorials on basic C++ programming u have learned so far combining with game programming knowledge you have so far with the source on you games. I think any new learner makes a good teacher(as long as he knows what has learned so far inside out ) because you also learn as you teach(people point out you mistakes). So it benefits both ends.
Also, you might get tips from experienced C++ programmer on you coding structure, design and style.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------F22 Lightning 3 Screen Saver:F22"]F22L3ScreenSaver.exePersonal Page
That''s good stuff. I''ve also got about 2 months or so of C++ experience and I''m learning it to create games. We should get in touch. E-mail me at pszlachetka@yahoo.com or my AIM screen name is: PoLiSh Peta
There are two inevitabilities in life: death and failure.-PoLiSh
The hardest part that I found to do was to make the pieces rotate, it took me a while to figure it out, but after a while you realize its graphing from intermediate algebra.
http://www.geocities.com/asdasd12345/
That''s very good. I''m currently teaching myself the basics of C++, when I''ve done my book I''ll start to get into making clone type games.
That''s really good for a first game! My only complaints are about the controls: It''s really annoying having to release the keys for the action to take effect.

[My Image Gallery (WIP)][Greatest Tetris clone evar!][Return your stolen MP3s]
Very good for a first effort, I have seen a lot worse!

I am doing a Tetris clone too. It is taking longer than I expected because I want it to be polished i.e it should have a high score system, ability to redefine keys, adjust board size, adjust start level etc...

I will put it up soon and we can compare source if you like.

Capt Logic

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement