Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scene Graph and Quadtree

This topic is 5133 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I''m wondering that how can i use a quadtree in a scene graph. How to add quadtree in a scene graph? Any idea? should i attach a uqadtree as a node of the scene graph? or is there any tradition way to attach or using quadtree with scene graph? i like to get some help Please help!

I''d assume that you have some kind of base object that you can put in your scenegraph. Basically all you need to do is derive the quad-tree from this object and then insert it as you would every other object. There are plenty of other threads about this search for scenegraph, octrees quadtrees, or see the list of Yann''s threads on Firestorms website.

James

Thank you!!

Can you please tell me the address of that site? i don''t know about it.

Are you trying to say that..i should add the whole quadtree as a scene graph object?

thank you
again

I''ll reply in actual detail later concerning your questions, if given the time, but for now here''s the collection of Yann''s threads which should clear up most of your concerns: http://triplebuffer.devmaster.net/misc/yannl.php