Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gif images

This topic is 5129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

sorry about the really newby question but how do you guys make perfect non-blury gifs? Every time I make one it is blury.
founder, admin, and programmer for crxgames(smaller logo soon) I know two languages BASIC and English. google|

GIFs are compressed data, so it is impossible to make certain images non-blury. However, if you have a very simple picture, with large areas of exactly the same color, it will not appear blury. This is because of the way GIFs compress the image.

You can also use the GNU/free PNG format. It is recommended by Mr. GNU/GNU, maybe.

Oh, and it supports anything you can imagine, not blurred images though, that is up to the image renderer.

quote:
Original post by PlayGGY
GIFs are compressed data, so it is impossible to make certain images non-blury. However, if you have a very simple picture, with large areas of exactly the same color, it will not appear blury. This is because of the way GIFs compress the image.
I''ve been doing graphics design and I don''t find gif''s blury to say the least. If you do your gifs in Photoshop, and export them to web, most of the time, you won''t notice a difference over the original. Here''s a picture of my desktop.
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/pumpkinpieman/Mydesktop.gif You can see that no part of the image is blury (If you do see any it''s the reduction in size the image went through). Images with alot of colors may look like this because gifs have a 256 palette, but most reasonably speaking, if the images are a good size then quality won''t be conprimized. Maybe you ment less colorful?

Jpegs on the other hand are much blurier then most if not all image formats because of the method they use to reduce colors that ''apparently'' the eye can''t see anyway. When you make an image of a white box as a jpeg, the colors it chooses won''t be strait white, but a combination of white looking colors.

Wait... he might be right. I think I was wrong.

I beleive JPEGS are what I described ealier, with GIFs being better for images withough blocks of color. Just try it out and see what works. Sorry if I was wrong.

Gif''s downfalls are alot of colors, but in webdesign you can slice up an image in such a way that colors of one part of an image don''t reduce colors of another part because they both have they''re own palettes.