Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The art of masking

This topic is 6360 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everybody. I have a question that has to deal with masking. I can get textures that I think are really cool, because they have all kinds of things that would be cool if you could see through certain areas, but I still need to generate the masks. It may sound kind of stupid, but is there any art program that allows you to do some sort of masking with pixmaps or anything? I''m not an artist, but I still need to do some testing with existing art before I get an artist (and modeler) to help me later, when it''s more likely they''ll be interested. Any help would be appreciated.

Cool. Never used Photoshop before... I usually use Jasc Paint Shop Pro (not too good with it, but I get by). It may have it, but I haven''t found it. Oh well. Yes, that''s okay if you can''t find any free ones... I''ll probably buy PSP, and get a real artist. Thanks.

Yeah, Paint Shop Pro works really well if you buy the full version. It has every possible option you could need. Only problem is, you need to find them. It ships with a pretty big manual that will tell you anything and everything.

Have fun!