Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Creating bsp files (Quake 2 and Quake 3 levels)?

This topic is 5127 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering what peice of software is required to make quake levels (.bsp files). Mainly because I would like to make one for my engine but I am unsure of what tools are used to do so? Does anyone have any locations download urls or somthing in which I can find this information? I have 3ds max and milkshape 3d im just not sure how to make the bsp file... Thanks coder requires 0xf00d before continue().
Killer Eagle Software [edited by - DevLiquidKnight on November 27, 2003 4:43:01 PM]

I used to use a qeradient variant allot to make maps for VTMR. You would save your maps as a ".map" file and the editor would compile those into other files for the game to use(lightmaps, visibility etc...) The ".map" files were just plain ascii text. If I remember correctly, they were basically just a list of sectors and the brushes in those sectors.

qeradient has been around for a long time now. I think since quake 1, and it has been used to make maps for a ton of games. Someone has probably written something about parsing these files for your own use by now?