Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Find All Files in a Directory

This topic is 5127 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know how to find all the files in a Windows directory using c++. I know there is a MFC class class CFileFind that will let you doe this, but I am creating a game using OpenGL and it will not let me #include <afx.h> b/c it says that has already been included. I want to have a directory called [Maps], and then get all the maps that are in that directory. Thanks, Scott

quote:
Original post by scottdewald
Does anyone know how to find all the files in a Windows directory using c++. I know there is a MFC class class CFileFind that will let you doe this, but I am creating a game using OpenGL and it will not let me #include <afx.h> b/c it says that has already been included. I want to have a directory called [Maps], and then get all the maps that are in that directory.

Thanks,

Scott

Look up the functions, FindFirstFile, and FindNextFile, this is what you would use for finding files.

boost::filesystem::directory_iterator

- Magmai Kai Holmlor

Not For Rent

[Look for information | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MSDN RTF[L] | SGI STL Docs | STFW | Asking Smart Questions ]
[Free C++ Libraries | Boost | ACE | Loki | MTL | Blitz++ | wxWindows| Spirit(xBNF)]
[Free C Libraries | zlib ]