Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Placing a Milkshape Model?

This topic is 5129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If I had a ap 25x25, how would I go about placing a milkshape model at the coords 19x19? m=model 0-01`2`3`4`5`6`7`8`9`10 1-|```````````````````| 2-|```````````````````| 3-|```````````````````| 4-|```````````````````| 5-|``````m````````````| 6-|```````````````````| 7-|```````````````````| 8-|```````````````````| 9-|```````````````````| 10|```````````````````| Or in this case 4x5? EDIT: Formating Mercury Software [edited by - DerAngeD on November 28, 2003 11:46:58 AM]

Transform it by a translation matrix, e.g.
[1, 0, 0, 4]
[0, 1, 0, 5]
[0, 0, 1, 0]
[0, 0, 0, 1]

Read any introductory text on 3D geometry and matrices for details. You shouldn''t go far with OpenGL without understanding simple linear algebra!

- JQ

no wait i get algebra its just i loaded the milkshape model using nehes code. And its not like creating a cube where u can specify where u want it.

EDIT: i need code help not math help

[edited by - DerAngeD on November 28, 2003 2:53:46 PM]

You usually never change the coordinates of a model. The model is usually always centered around the origin and then to render it you move the world space of the model. So essentially you aren''t changing the saved coordinates of the model but you are changing the position of it in the world.

lookup model space and world space.
~Wave

i know im not talking about in the editor im talking about in the actuel game itselfs code.

i know when you load a model its set at 0 x 0 x 0(X x Y x Z)

and i want to move it to 5 x 0 x 5(X x Y x Z)