blender210 module not found... at all.

Started by
5 comments, last by owl 20 years, 4 months ago
hello, I''m trying to run some phyton scripts in Blender but I always get this message in the console window. I couldn''t find any documentation for this. Does anyone know how to solve this, where to get that module, or what that message means? Thanks in advance.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
from what I''ve found, I deduce that some modules are dependant on the version of Blender you''re running. Seems to be that those freaking modules are directly built into blender.

I''ll try downloading some previous versions to see what happens.
You are part right. Many older Python scripts will not work with newer versions of Blender due to changes in the Python API after version 2.23.

One quick fix that works for some scripts is to just change that line that says import Blender 210 to import Blender. This may work, but there could still be other errors depending on what the script does.

You could always download Blender 2.23 and any old script should work. However, most useful scripts have been ported. Check the Python/Plugin forums at www.elysiun.com.
Thanks.
Well, I got tired trying to put those scripts to work, so I wrote my own python script that exports all the models to a pseudo XML file format with UV coordinates and face normals. I''ll be posting it tomorrow just in case someone may find it usefull.
That great owl. Be sure you submit it to the python forum at elysiun so that they list it.
quote:Original post by yspotua
That great owl. Be sure you submit it to the python forum at elysiun so that they list it.

I''ve been testing it and it seems to be ok. I''ll be submitting it tonight.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement