Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X File Animation Standards???

This topic is 5133 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Are there any .x file animation standards? Specifically for rotation? What I need to know is, is the animation data that is exported in an x file simply an addition to the transformmatrix in the same frame? Or does it include that information too? Could I just say: IdentMatrix = Rotate(RotFromXFile); FinalTransform = IdentMatrix; or do I have to take the frame''s transformMatrix and then apply the rotation to that? IdentMatrix = Rotate(RotFromXFile); FinalTransform = FinalTransform*IdentMatrix; Other standards...what is the standard quaternion definition in an x file, (w, x, y, and z)? or (x, y, z, and w)? Also, if an object contains both translation and rotation animation data, which do you apply to the final matrix first? Do you rotate, then translate, like usual? Or do the exporters export by providing the rotation of something at a specific translated value? Or do exporters export differently and you just have to guess every time? Thanks for the help, Chris