Should I post my Game Design Document

Started by
31 comments, last by Apokalyps 20 years, 4 months ago
Thought-provoking ideas are always welcome HideHo.

Even with 20 people, we are still looking for modellers and mappers to help.

Oddly enough, Ive never palyed PlanetSide...I didnt want to so that I didnt alter my idea to copy it.

Good question on the attack method. It will be similar to the adrenaline method where its part FPS shoot at your target & part affected by your skills. I mean even when you have a dead on sniper shot, there will be factors (recoil, gun balance, etc.) that might make you miss. And skills that make you better.
The end result, hopefully, is that twitch skill isnt the only thing to make a great player.

Alfred Norris, VoodooFusion Studios
Team Leader - CONFLICT: Omega
www.conflictomega.com
jnorris53@carolina.rr.com

[edited by - Vanquish on December 5, 2003 3:09:14 PM]
Alfred Norris, VoodooFusion StudiosTeam Lead - CONFLICT: Omega A Post-Apocalyptic MMO ProjectJoin our team! Positions still available.CONFLICT:Omega
Advertisement
I think that the biggest challenge to making an MMORPG, or any game, is making it fun to play for all types of gamers. Are you taking an approach that says "This is for power gamers, this is for people who like tradeskills, this is for people who only play 2 hours a week" or do you have some specific player in mind then expand upon that?

Do you ever consider which gamers will get the most out of the game and which ones you want to have playing? If so, which gamers are you aiming for and how are you designing around them?

You don''t really have to answer those questions here, but they might help you with your team, when you''re looking on which things to focus on.
AIM: Uugengiven
Actually I dont mind answering those questions...and I always love food for thought.

The plan is to accommodate both the powergamer and the weekender.

The powergamer will have resource and territorial acquisition goals, as well as all the skills and quests and constant PvP to occupy them.

The weekender will have more than enough quests, skills to learn, zones to explore...and they can log in and be a part of the larger battles their leaders powergame to organize.

Alfred Norris, VoodooFusion StudiosTeam Lead - CONFLICT: Omega A Post-Apocalyptic MMO ProjectJoin our team! Positions still available.CONFLICT:Omega

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement