• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BlackEye

3D horses

This topic is 5397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Guys please advise, Ok I am familiar with 2D and Direct X8. But I need to make a 3D application which runs horses in a race based on the data given. Think of it as a simulator if u will. Now this needs to be 3D, how am I going to look into this? Use 3D max to make my horse animations? Use Direct X 9? I really dont know how to do this in 3D!? Any direct /books ideas are more than welcome. Thanks guys

Advertisement
I can send you a horse model in 3ds or max where you can modify the body parts to animate it. Then just do your animations and export it as an x file or something.

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

Mate, any help would be great,
I have just emailed you at your address.

As i said i have played with the 3D Max tutorials, and the animation ones. So will have a play with the horse.
Just need to learn how tu use the x files in Direct X !
Ill get there yet!

pete..

It''s on it''s way.
It''s around 1 meg because there''s the .3ds, .max, and the texture.

Have a good one,

-UltimaX-

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

I don''t know whether to support the efforts here, or cry. In a way, this thread plays off of the "Elves are part of the problem" thread nicely, and is sort of an example of bringing to the forefront the qualifications and motivations (and general thinking) of game developers.

I''d really like to see this thread develop into something more substantive.

Someone else created a thread entitled ''Why are there no "western" games?'' I think we have part of our answer right here.

By the way, I created a thread a while back entitled "The game mechanics of riding a horse".

Bishop no offence buddy! But what the hell are you on about!?!!
"Elves !?" Your mad ! lol !!!

I will look for your post now though!

Thanks
Pete.

So tell me, are the horses in the races quarters or thoroughbreds? Also, are you doing the full gamut of colorations: greys, chestnuts, bays, blacks, sorrels, and so on? How are the markings? Blazes, stars, snips, socks, etc.

Sometimes during races, one of the horses will attempt to nip another along side him. Really great stuff to watch.

What do you think of Stormcat''s stud fee?

Have you read William Nack''s story entitled "Pure Heart"?

quote:
Original post by BlackEye
Bishop no offence buddy! But what the hell are you on about!?!!
"Elves !?" Your mad ! lol !!!
You really don't want to insult bishop_pass when it comes to horses...

EDIT: <nazi>That should be you're, not your</nazi>

[edited by - Useless Hacker on December 1, 2003 12:42:57 PM]

This topic is 5397 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.