#rror

Started by
11 comments, last by designlord 20 years, 4 months ago
In fact, here is the actual code I use to play all of my segments, flawlessly.

void SoundManager::PlayCore(DWORD snd_id, IDirectMusicAudioPath8* pAudiopath){	m_performance->PlaySegmentEx(m_segments[--snd_id], NULL, NULL, DMUS_SEGF_DEFAULT | DMUS_SEGF_SECONDARY, 0, NULL, NULL, pAudiopath}}

I simply use additional audiopaths if I need to control the volume of sounds independently of others. Though normally, pAudiopath is NULL in my example.

[edited by - Mastaba on November 29, 2003 9:35:04 PM]
Advertisement
One more thing designlord, in your sample MP3 that you posted, what was it supposed to sound like if it were to play correctly? What I hear in the sample sounds weird, but I can't tell what was the desired effect compared to what you got in the mp3. Perhaps also posting the source sounds you are using can help me figure out what is happening. Though the more I listen to it, it sort of sounds like the sounds are playing multiple times very rapidly. Like you are playing multiple secondary segments extremely rapidly, producing a kind of extreme reverb effect.

[edited by - Mastaba on November 29, 2003 9:33:39 PM]
You need to setup a notification event through the performance interface. The SDK contains a fairly step by step walkthrough of how to do this.

[edited by - Mastaba on November 30, 2003 1:11:11 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement