How can you bring back a villain?

Started by
95 comments, last by orionx103 20 years, 1 month ago
Or you could do what Disney does when it makes the 7000th sequel to an old and well liked movie: nothing. You don''t have to explain or fix anything because after all the kids don''t care and the parents don''t want the kids to wine...
Advertisement
I''m guessing you went the way of Captain of the Day; not reading the entire post. I''ve already said, that''s boring to me. I like coming up with the hows and whys for a villain to come back, and the "just don''t explain it" thing''s already been said.
Reading your replies, orionx103, I come up with another idea:
Get the villain online, so he can turn all his angst onto his fellows on different forums. It will keep him busy forever, but he will never do any real harm.
no...
actually the vilain is the creation of the hero mind, he can''t die if the hero don''t (assume that the hero as the power to create thing from is mind, the vilain is the destructive inner part of the hero which is materialize, the more powerful the hero became the more the vilain is strong, to beat the vilain the hero has to give up his power to create good)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
be good
be evil
but do it WELL
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be goodbe evilbut do it WELL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
quote:Original post by Neoshaman
actually the vilain is the creation of the hero mind, he can''t die if the hero don''t (assume that the hero as the power to create thing from is mind, the vilain is the destructive inner part of the hero which is materialize, the more powerful the hero became the more the vilain is strong, to beat the vilain the hero has to give up his power to create good)

Reminds me of Fight Club. Good flick, highly recommended.
quote:Original post by Chentzilla
Get the villain online, so he can turn all his angst onto his fellows on different forums. It will keep him busy forever, but he will never do any real harm.

Eventually the villain''s fed up with all the shit on the forums, and turns his angst into homicidal rage, only to be made angrier by the fact that most of the people that pissed him off to begin with live far far away.
quote:Original post by orionx103
quote:Original post by Chentzilla

Eventually the villain''s fed up with all the shit on the forums, and turns his angst into homicidal rage, only to be made angrier by the fact that most of the people that pissed him off to begin with live far far away.

That is one of the best responses to an insult I have ever read. Good one Orionx! Alright, I had a great idea. What if, early in the game, the main character is involved in a catastrophic event. Although the player doesn''t realize it, the character is in a dream world made up of mixed up elements of the real world. The hero finds and kills the villian, only to awaken and discover that the villain has taken over his world, and the villains true self must be defeated. For an added twist, after the final battle, the character wakes up... the end.

Perhaps the vilain can be an insane king, given massive power by a demon. The original vilain could be completely human, and thus is the dream form the main character fights against. Then the last battle can be against the demonic king, who is much stronger than the dream.

official Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section
____________________________________________________________unofficial Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement