• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OoMMMoO

some #%@&*+! game programming questions

This topic is 6643 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey whats up everyone I havent been here for a while. I have a couple of programming questions. 1. How are scenes in rpg''s programmed? Are they in functions? like deathscene(), or intro()???? 2. Why the @#&% is directX programming so wierd its like learning a different programming language in its self. 3. In directX how do I make layers? like my BG layer and then my sprite layer and then my forground layers. TAlk to all you guys later so play/program games and be happy!!!

Advertisement
Well,

1. I would imagine functions would be a good way to do it.. Through a series of event handlers appropriate functions are called.

2. DirectX.. what''s that?..

3. It''s the devil''s tool..

bosco()

--
leader of the free world .. or something ..

I guess the reason directx is so wierd to you is because you are new to COM. The interface is a little wierd at first, but you will get used to it. Unless of course you would rather like to use windows gdi. This is all just for 2d though. I guess you want to use surfaces for your ''layers''. Read about surfaces in the sdk.

*** Triality ***

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!