Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some #%@&*+! game programming questions

This topic is 6359 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey whats up everyone I havent been here for a while. I have a couple of programming questions. 1. How are scenes in rpg''s programmed? Are they in functions? like deathscene(), or intro()???? 2. Why the @#&% is directX programming so wierd its like learning a different programming language in its self. 3. In directX how do I make layers? like my BG layer and then my sprite layer and then my forground layers. TAlk to all you guys later so play/program games and be happy!!!

Well,

1. I would imagine functions would be a good way to do it.. Through a series of event handlers appropriate functions are called.

2. DirectX.. what''s that?..

3. It''s the devil''s tool..

bosco()

--
leader of the free world .. or something ..

I guess the reason directx is so wierd to you is because you are new to COM. The interface is a little wierd at first, but you will get used to it. Unless of course you would rather like to use windows gdi. This is all just for 2d though. I guess you want to use surfaces for your ''layers''. Read about surfaces in the sdk.

*** Triality ***