[java] new to java lost like crazy

Started by
5 comments, last by mr_mrz 20 years, 4 months ago
hi im new to java and when i installed the sdk it also instaled ntbeans now i want to use netbeas to write code butt i dont know how to get code into it i cant find any help on the javao or netbeans site what do i do? "Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"
Advertisement
Create a directory somewhere, for your code. Then go into netbeans and click ''mount filesystem''. There you have the directory, you can then add files to it using File>New.

If you create a new subfolder in this filesystem, any files you put in there must belong to a package of that subfolder''s name.

ok and do i have to addd the files in windows explorer or can i in netbeans
"Hello World!!!"
oh im sorry you just said it lol
"Hello World!!!"
ok now its saying that i need source for the app where should i mount my project or can i link source without it being int he directory in some way?
"Hello World!!!"
If you''re new to Java, Netbeans will definitely put you off programming in Java. Its not really newbie friendly, so I think you should try something else.

You mention that you''ve got the SDK. That''s great, and what you need now is a good code editor. Take a look at JCreator as it has a free version that is very functional and should be more like Windows apps that you''re used to.

Try learning with that, and once you''re comfortable with Java, you can then use bloated IDEs like Netbeans/Eclipse/JBuilder/etc.
==========================================In a team, you either lead, follow or GET OUT OF THE WAY.
cool thanks
i almost quit already lolol

"Hello World!!!"
"Hello World!!!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement