Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Version 0.5.2

This topic is 5127 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

New versions of Turt's Puzzle Blocks have been uploaded and there is a fun new feature this time. There is a highscore system on the website so you can try to be the best in the world, or you can just submit your personal best and get your name on the site. Either way go give it a try and let me know what you think. More information can be found at www.turt99.com (follow the link in my sig) Thanks for your time EDIT: Current Version is 0.5.2 [edited by - Turt99 on December 8, 2003 2:36:20 PM]

Hey,
I just wanted to say your site layout is excellent IMO. Very clean, clear and easy to find stuff. Im downloading ur game now and will post a comment when i've had a play.

Harley.

[edit]
I have had a play and i think the game is pretty good. Original and like ur site well put together.

BreakoutX

[edited by - klown9 on November 30, 2003 5:34:13 AM]

I can''t seem to get that error, I''m using Redhat 9.0 I''ve got the newest version of SDL_mixer and it runs fine for me.. what Linux are you running and what error are you getting?

I am using Slackware 9.1. The exact error is:
(my prompt)./puzzleblocks
./puzzleblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_mixer-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Interestingly enough, the file (libwhatever.so.0) does appear in my /usr/local/lib directory. I''m not sure what''s wrong, exactly.

Nice to see some games written for linux (even if I can''t get them to work). I think that once enough games are written for linux, it will be suitable as an end-user''s operating system.

The official zorx website

Hi there, thought I''d take a look at your site since people we''re commenting on how good it was. Your obviously very good at it so I thought I''d ask a question that I''ve been trying to find an answer for for ages but can''t seem to find anyone that knows...is it possible to use a font on a web site that isn''t on the machine viewing the page? ie it gets loaded from the host server not the local machine?

Cheers
Jez

www.JeremyPardon.com

Thanks for the comments, now don't quote me on this, but I don't believe that is possible, cause I beleive you'd have to have the user install the font.. So if you could get the font to install for the user then I'd assume you could technically do what you want to do, but I'm not sure if the visitors would be happy about that.. Now just incase you didn't know, if you use CSS for the styles you can set it to have backup fonts to use incase the the user doesn't have your first choice..

**EDIT**

Actually check this like out I think it might solve your Font problem http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/fonts.html#referencing

I found that link here http://www.experts-exchange.com/Miscellaneous/Q_20670089.html

**END EDIT**

As for the linux problem, I'm not really sure whats going on there I'm thinking it might have to do with the way I linked SDL and where slackware stores the files I'm not totally sure though.. I know the game works for me in Redhat 9.0 and I know another user that plays in Gentoo

[edited by - Turt99 on November 30, 2003 11:18:42 PM]

I got it working. When I ran make install on sdl_mixer, it put it in /usr/local/lib, while all of my libraries are in /usr/lib. I''m surprised, though, that it didn''t find it in the /usr/local/lib directory, because /usr/local/lib is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf (while /usr/lib isn''t). Must be the way Slackware handles its search for libraries.
Its a very good game.

The official zorx website

quote:
Original post by doodle_sketch
You have PC or Linux versions?? I assume you''re catering for the less knowledgeable Windows community, yes?

Anyhow, downloading now.

SketchSoft OFFLINE | SketchNews | NewKlear Studios

[edited by - doodle_sketch on December 1, 2003 10:50:26 AM]

Less knowledgeable windows community? You mean by calling it a PC version? I called it a PC version only because I didn''t want to use the Windows logo without permission. I had heard that you needed to have certification from Microsoft to use the windows logo.

I know it should say Windows and Linux cause they are both PC''s, so if anyone can prove to me that it wouldn''t be a problem to use the Windows logo I''d probably change to that instead..

Sorry to leave this later than I intended, I only got the chance to try the game last night (and its great BTW), but I don''t see where the difference lies between carrying the Windows logo in game (which you do) and on the site (which you don''t). Either way you''re either in violation of copyright agreement or not. Not trying to start an argument, just stating an opinion (which, of course, is generally the best way to start an argument )

Keep up the great work with the game!

SketchSoft OFFLINE | SketchNews | NewKlear Studios

Heheh Yeah I know what your saying.. thats an issue that I had thought I fixed but but apparently I didn''t..

I think I''m going to switch the in game image to say PC instead of the Windows logo. Thats probably the safest route..

Thanks for giving the game a try