Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maya animaton exporter sleep

This topic is 5126 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am writing a Maya model exporter and I am having some problems with the animations. What I am trying to do is set the current animation frame to 30, and then read the vertices and normals for that frame. What happens is that Maya takes some time to proceed to frame 30, so my exporter ends up grabbing all the data for frame 0. If I manually set the frame to 30 and grab the data, then I get the correct data. Is there a way to check if Maya has finished updating the model before I proceed to read the vertex/normal data ? I tried running a 5 second while loop, but that simply blocks Maya for 5 seconds. Thanks, Nitzan p.s. I AM re-initializing the function sets after setting the time with setObject().

I haven''t really worked with Maya much, but in 3dsMax there is a way to ask it what the values of things are at a specific time. You can do this without having to change the actual time that is displayed in the UI. Perhaps Maya has this capability as well?

If it does, I''d definitely recommend going that way. Not only will it solve your problem, but it''ll make your exporter a heck of a lot faster

-John