SetDisplayMode

Started by
1 comment, last by JSG 20 years, 4 months ago
Well I was running through some tutorials about how to use DirectX and I am just starting out and all. So to begin with I am using DirectDraw specificly and my problem comes in when I try to declare SetDisplayMode with 5 parameters like one tutorial did. It gives me a does not use that many parameters error. I am slightly confused because I have seen it with both 5 and 3 parameters in different places. Any ideas whats going on here? Thanks for the help in advance.
Advertisement
The IDirectDraw version of SetDisplayMode() takes 3 parameters.

The IDirectDraw2, IDirectDraw4 and IDirectDraw7 interface versions of SetDisplayMode() take 5 parameters.

So I suspect you''ve got your DirectDraw pointer declared as LPDIRECTDRAW/IDirectDraw* rather than LPDIRECTDRAW7/IDirectDraw7* (or whichever version you''re using if the tutorial is for a version other than 7).

Another thing to check is that the paths to the DirectX SDK header and library files are in the directories list in Tools->Options of MSVC (assuming that''s what you use) AND are at the *TOP* of each list.

--
Simon O''Connor
3D Game Programmer &
Microsoft DirectX MVP

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Hehehe thanks. Yeah I didnt notice but I declared it as a defact directdraw instead of 7 nice call. ^_^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement