Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editing registry for gaming

This topic is 5129 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What things do I need to change to make online gaming work to its best performance. Any ideas? If there is anything more to do besides editing the registry. Please let me know about it. I dont mean cheating. What things do I need to change to the registry? Thank You

Upgrade to the fastest internet connection you can afford - although beyond a certain point you wont notice much difference. Make sure you close down anything else that may still be running at the same time as your games and using the internet connection and/or excessive system resources.

That the kind of tip your after?

I think he means how does he uncap his internet connection? For example if he has cable and they limit him to 200 kb/s he wants to uncap it so he can use all available bandwidth from the provider.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by ScottC
I think he means how does he uncap his internet connection? For example if he has cable and they limit him to 200 kb/s he wants to uncap it so he can use all available bandwidth from the provider.

Yeah, I got that from what he said too (?)

quote:

Upgrade to the fastest internet connection you can afford - although beyond a certain point you wont notice much difference.

The fastest internet connection is not always the best. You should look for one that has sufficient bandwidth for gaming and comes with low ping times too.

For example, I''ve got an adsl connection with 768:128 kbit/s down:up-stream. You should think it''s excellent for gaming, but it is not. A simple isdn-connection (64kbit/s) performs much better, since the pingtime is much lower.

quote:

If the provider does have some kind of capping, he can''t do much about it, unless they have some sort of (usually costly) upgrade. The capping is done by the providers router, not via settings in the customers registry.