• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hatflyer

Where Can I Buy VC++ 6.0?

This topic is 5370 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone know where I can buy VC++ 6.0 Standard and/or MSDN libraries at a decent price (besides eBay)? Seems hard to find. Thanks

Advertisement
IMHO would consider not buying vc6 but getting vc.net because the latter is so much more ANSI compliant that you would be able to write compliant code without worrying about silly compiler errors. And that is just a key factor for me, others have their own reasons.

If you know anyone that goes to a college or if you do you can get VC++.net Pro for around $100 in the book store.

------------------------------
If 4 out of 5 people suffer from Diahrea does that mean the fifth person enjoys it?
p.s. excuse me english. im from L.A.

[edited by - DrunkenBastard on November 29, 2003 9:57:02 PM]

quote:
Original post by zacharya
In my country I can get it for five dollars including MSDN

really? We are talking about original sealed MS products or the common third world black market here?

Thanks for the feedback.

Amazon didn''t have it. I have Windows 98, and I don''t know if VC++.net works for w98.

I was going to go w/ VC++ 6.0 because I''ve played with it a bit already.

I''m trying to develop a simple game, with a few windows for the user to click on cards as input, the program then computes and displays winning results (in chart format). There are a few iterations with the user, but that''s the extent of it. I''ve written all the C code for the calculation parts, and I need to now embed it into a user interface program. I have minimal experience with that and need to learn how in the easiest (and least expensive, if possible) way.

Is VC++ not good for this rather simple game?

Thanks,

Jim

2003 .net requires winxp. I use vc6+win98 and it''s everything I''ll need for couple of centuries It also loads fast and ide is just right for me. The only complaint I have is that msdn bookmarks go the way of dodo when I reinstall the os. That is a major pain in the neck because as everyone knows fishing articles out of msdn is like fishing for lockness monster. You hate to loose them once you got them. If you go for vc6 then try to get the pro version as it has the project wizard builder which is very handy for making starting frameworks. Very handy for mfc apps.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!