Visual C++ 6.0

Started by
9 comments, last by Mat1515 20 years, 4 months ago
Hey Just wondering if i have to have a pentium processor for Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 to work? I have a Dell with a pentium 4 in it and a new computer HP with an Athlon 2800 processor. Compiling and Linking works fine on the Dell but freezes up and doesn''t complete on the HP WHY?
Ut o not me again:) lol
Advertisement
They both have the same architecture, VC++ 6.0 will run fine. I am not sure why it would be freezing or anything. You might try re-installing.

[edited by - tHiSiSbOb on November 29, 2003 12:08:33 AM]
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
I did that
Well, thats quite odd. I am not sure at all what the cause could be. Try downloading any updates that Msoft might have posted.
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
Like it will compile and link when i click on rebuild all

but I can''t compile that link separtely
Hey

Well just looked at Microsofts website

under System Requirements it says i need a Pentium
I''ve been using VC on an AMD with no problems... you must have some other problem.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
quote:Original post by Mat1515
Hey

Well just looked at Microsofts website

under System Requirements it says i need a Pentium

By Pentium I think they mean any processor in the Pentium class (1, 2, 3, or 4) or equiv. I've run VC++ 6.0 on Pentiums and AMDs without any trouble.

[edited by - prh99 on November 29, 2003 12:32:31 AM]
Patrick
As others have said, the amd processor should not play an issue because like a pentium processor they are both x86 processors.
Well, R2D22U2..
OS differences maybe? Just a suggestion...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement