• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Majestik666

x86 Cross Compilation to OSX ?

This topic is 5410 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ! I was wondering if there is any way to compile an OSX application under a x86 OS (NT or Linux i don''t care).. I''ve read some stuff about a possibility, but not enough information on it ... Anyone has any information ? Francois

Advertisement
Well you did not really helped that much, I did know all you said ))
Actually I was looking for someone who has already done it or know in depth info on it...

Thanks anyway

It cant be done(At least I didnt find any such tool and I did take the time to research Mac/PC cross platform dev tools). I think Metrowerks used to give such solution in older version of codewarrior, but this feature is not implemented in that latest releases. I can understand the need for such a feature, but keep in mind that u will probably have to test your code on a Mac anyway so why not build your code on a Mac as well?

Aviv

Because I don''t own personally a Mac, and I need
to build some stuff for Mac.
I know some pople who has mac, but far from me,
and can''t really give away my source code like this

But I think I''ll have to buy a mac soon...

Just build a gcc cross compiler. There''s more than enough documentation, although it can be a little cryptic. The idea is to build a native version of gcc that compiles PPC binaries.

Or tell gcc to compile for a different platform.

I don''t think it supports Win32 or OSX apps except through cygwin/etc but I could be very wrong.

But basically gcc can compile for a different platform than what it is running on.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!