Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gravitational, electromagnetic and spacetime curve

This topic is 5117 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering how to wrap these up in a PhysicsModel->Field class, where one could say:
for all fields
   PhysicsModel->Field->apply()

Also, is there any precedence between fields at all? Does one force need to be calculated in a certain way, or are they all calculated at once? Also, I was wondering if motion could be considered a force field of some sort, mainly the energy required to move object, like inertia?

for electro-magnetic force field, you should apply lorentz forces , but i think the task is particullary challenging , do a search over the net for the ''quick field '' software simulator and see what i''m trying to say, anyway take account of vectorial and differential forms of maxwell equation, but you should also stick to f=i^l b just , do a simple magnetic field interaction, fr the last part of your question ( this in reality triggered me to write to this post ) this is a penl field of research, the inertial field isn''t benn well accepted ( ether field, or zero point energy ) are still among the hottest field of research in quantum physics these days . Just remember the infamous Michelson experiment for ether drift , also Enistein was agaisnt the ether concept , but later in his life changed idea ....
sorry for my digression, but zpe physics really take over me,
sorry for my english

Ultimately, I want to have a 3D metal object with a certain amount of current ran through it. Then, I want to be able model how other metals, whether electrified or not, react to this metal, ie. how they repel or attract each other. I know I can use Lorentz equations for this, but do they account for the shape of the object as well?

you could approximate any shape by breaking it up into very small sections (I''m not certain what would make sense for your types of equations)... computer models usually are easier to do this way and produce acceptable results.

You can do that really easie by using calculas and integrating the change in field as it relates to the change in distance from any point. (you can find a class online than can do integegrals i believe).