we can talk about design partterns

Started by
7 comments, last by lonelybug 20 years, 4 months ago
which parttern adapt to design game engine!?
Advertisement
A lot of them
Eeny, meeny, miney, moe.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Pattern: Game

Usage: Used when an interaction is desired between either a user ("player") and a virtual construct composed of semi-static geometry (the "board") and/or a set of Agents ("AI")

Description:

The "player" provides "input" to the "character" or "board". A set of "rules" is provided in turn, which take the players input and transfor it to input into the board and/or AI. The AI and/or board then modify themselves to reflect some final state, which is provided as feedback to the player.

ld
No Excuses
I''ve always been fond of an elegant, muted plaid.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
There are so many patterns used in games, and im sure in any programming project of any size, that''s it difficult to give you a catalog of them. Where one pattern stops and another begins, is blurred sometimes, and patterns themselves are proprogating at such a rate, the destinction between any 2 related pattern seems almost semantic now.

Well, even that said, some patterns I''ve used often enough to note.

Visitor : used in various places to componetize logical elements within an aggreate entity.

Factory : used to generate objects at runtime, based upon scripts.

Chain of Command : extensive used in the event system. Events dont need to know their ultimaite consume, just sends it to all possible consumes and let them handle it.

State : a fundemental data structure, used extensively in all levels of my programs.

Good Luck!

-ddn
Pattern - isn''t it the ting my mother use when she sticks sweathers?
Your mother does what to the whats now?
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
SNR -> 0
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement