Getting OpenGL Working

Started by
3 comments, last by Winston 20 years, 4 months ago
I just started using OpenGL and went to the tutorials at nehe, following the directions for adding the .lib files that I needed to. When I try to link the project, it gives me the following errors---- Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/Test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. Does anyone have any idea what my problem might be? The three files nehe tells me to add are OpenGL32.lib, Glu32.lib, and GLaux.lib if that helps any.
Advertisement
Read the error message: it''s looking for a function named "main" and not finding it.

Reasons for why this might be should be evident if you know your tools. (If you don''t know your tools, I think you''ll have more success learning the tools before learning something like OpenGL).
You need to make a win32 Project and not a Console project.

No offense, but you should be familiar with some windows programming before even attempting OpenGL. The reason your getting that errors is because you are trying to create a program in MSDOS
(console app) instead of a Win32 app. Learn at least how to create a window and perhaps some menus before going to OpenGL
I know how to do that... unless I clicked on the wrong thing when I made the project somehow, then it is a Win32 app. I'll go check and see.

EDIT

--Yep that was it, I think I accidently clicked on something else when I was creating the project, thanks for the help, even if it did hurt my feelings .

[edited by - Winston on November 30, 2003 6:25:07 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement