NEWBIE, Textured Quads

Started by
5 comments, last by Ademan555 20 years, 4 months ago
Ok, so ive created a nice little two dee game engine using textured quads, it comes up in fullscreen, but all i see is black, and i have a feeling its because all my rendering is being done to the back buffer, is this true? and if so, how do i present my back buffer? just get a pointer to it and use the present function? then what about the primary surface? argh this hurts my brain, especially after an hour of coding
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Advertisement
IDirect3DDevice9 :: Present() is what you're looking for. It swaps the back buffer with the primary.

Call it after EndDrawing(). You can use all NULL parameters.

Edit: Function name got turned into a damn smiley

[edited by - glassJAw on December 1, 2003 1:08:51 AM]
hahaha, alright thanx, actually, apparently im more of a n00b than i thought, i have no enddrawing function call, i guess ill just call it after im done rendering? thanx

oh, theres an EndScene() maybe thats what u were talking about, cuz i just went looking for the end drawing, but also, do i hafta do anything in my wndproc to make my stuff show up?

[edited by - Ademan555 on December 1, 2003 1:15:43 AM]
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
I belive he is taking about EndScene(). Also, remeber to call SetFVF(D3DFVF_XYZRHW | D3DFVF_DIFFUSE | D3DFVF_TEX1) as you init Direct3D - else you wont see a thing.
Well, i think thats exactly what i didnt do :-D thanx

Boo i did do it and still no render, right now im using debug quads, where should i put them (where is visible?)

[edited by - Ademan555 on December 1, 2003 1:27:12 AM]
Oops, sorry. I have a wrapper function that calls EndScene() and I called it EndDrawing() to confuse myself >_<
d3dDevice->SetRenderState(D3DRS_LIGHTING,FALSE);
Editor42 ...builds worlds

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement