Need some help on arcs and pies...

Started by
2 comments, last by VladimirTheImpaler 23 years, 9 months ago
Howdy... I''m working on a project for myself in VC++ 6.0... I''m using DirectDraw to do nothing but vectoring (I''m also using the CDX library) Anyway, my problem is that I''d like to be able to draw some arcs and maybe some pie''s (similiar to the Windows GDI functions). I know that I can get an hDC and use the GDI functions to draw to my surfaces... but I''m having weird problems with GDI functions and I''d like to stay away from them if I can. What I''d really like to do is write my own functions to draw arcs and filled pie''s. Only problem is, I don''t really know how to do this. Can anybody help point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance, Vladimir the Impaler (Jason Tatum)
Vladimir the Impaler(Jason Tatum)
Advertisement

Wise move keeping away from the GDI! It is SLOOOOOW!
You can get some nice looking arcs using beizer curves. Check out the ''Unravelling beizer splines'' in the tutorial section of this site.

Marie Calender''s has good pies. You can get pies at Coco''s too.
As for arcs, you mean like arc welding? I have a friend who can weld...

Problem solved...

I switched to OpenGL and wrote a circle-approximation routine that draws connecting lines in a circle or semi-circle. OpenGL will fill it if I need to. Works great! This particular program is all vector-based graphics. If I had to blit stuff, I''d definitely do it in DirectX.

Vlad

Vladimir the Impaler
(Jason Tatum)
Vladimir the Impaler(Jason Tatum)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement