Whats up (and some questions)

Started by
0 comments, last by Sylent Khaos 20 years, 4 months ago
Hello everyone. I''m new to the site (found ou about from a friend and a GSI at my college). Just wanted to greet everyone. Now on to my questions: 1.) I know VB very well (am working on a simple game in it). I was wondering if it will help me at all in video game desing? 2.) I''m just about finished with my first C++ class here at University of Michigan (EECS 183) and plan on continuing in this field. I was wonderin if I knew enough to start making simple games and helping experienced people on bigger projects (the last thing we learned was classes/structs/unions and our last project was to make a gambling game with actual wheels that spin, though the user only see''s where the wheels stopped). 3.) I''m a sophmore in college, with no portfolio. Am I far behind everyone else (I plan on working on a big project here at my school, an actual video game). Thanks! "...You don''''t want none, I''''ll end your career like you Re-run, stepping to me is futile cause I''''ve already won. I''''m sick with it, all my foes must be dim witted, you battling me is like hitting a quadriplegic, I can''''t feel it..." ~Sylent Khaos~
"...You don''t want none, I''ll end your career like you Re-run, stepping to me is futile cause I''ve already won. I''m sick with it, all my foes must be dim witted, you battling me is like hitting a quadriplegic, I can''t feel it..." ~Sylent Khaos~
Advertisement
The best thing you can do is to work on your own projects or to find a project where someone is willing to let you help (it will be much harder to do the latter since you have little experience). Don''t be afraid to get in there and try something on your own. The ability to find solutions, reason through things, and be creative without someone guiding you is the best skill set you can have.

As far as being behind, no, you''re not. Just make sure that you keep with it on your own and that you put as much effort as you can into as many projects and assignments as you can. The more you slack, the easier it is to lose ground, and when you get into upper-level courses the farther behind you are, the less fun you''ll have on the interesting problems.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement