Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flickering mouse cursor in windowed mode

This topic is 5116 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am still trying to implement a non-flickering mouse cursor for a windowed directx game. Solutions i have found out: 1) directx help: attach a clipper to the primary surface Sounds easy but doesn''t help anything. 2.) setCursor(NULL) and blit your own cursor sprite Ok,i did this but the results are not very pretty (still flickering at window edges,strange mouse speed on some systems). I know there must be a way to use the system cursor without flickering. All PopCap games do it. And they use directX. Has anybody found out how it works?

Please, do not use "DirectX" when you are just referring to the graphics API. Say Direct3D, and what version. Actually, the clipper implies DirectDraw, so say that. Anyway, I don''t think you''re being descriptive enough to get a good response; i.e. for blitting your own cursor sprite, maybe you''re doing it wrong?

The strange thing is that the flickering only occurs on windows 2000 PCs.
Has anyone written a directx application that runs in windowed mode and knows how to solve this? The directx tutorial program called "Switcher" has this flickering,too.