Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I proudly present: MySQL DAO!!!

This topic is 5117 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is one of my first real projects that works and looks good. MySQL DAO(Data Access Objects) is a (minimalistic) clone of Microsoft's DAO. MySQL DAO copies a few features from the MS version. Features: CMySQLDatabase holds all the stuff needed to maintain a connection to a database, open one, close it, execute queries(without results) and open a recordset(Results). CMySQLRecordset holds the results and allow retrieval of the data inside it. Features like MoveNext, MovePrev, Eof, Bof, FieldToDatatype are avaliable. Using MySQL DAO greatly enhances working with database because you no longer need to do all the checking for errors yourself, and accessing data is made much easier. For those who like to take a peek, or even try it, I have upload the source, any libraries required(the .lib and .dll files) and a documentation. The library set is tested(And compiled) with both MS Visual C++ 6 Service Pack 5 and Borland C++ Builder 4. Follow installation instructions in the manual to get all the headers and libs set up correctly. Any feedback is welcome. 1 note, is doesn't support blobs(is on the to do list) and the IsOpen() function for the database needs revision but I can't be bothered with that currently, since I am busy with my college project. EDIT: Forgot the link, get it here: http://home.wanadoo.nl/vdwillik/downloads/MySQL_DAO.zip Toolmaker
-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can. [edited by - toolmaker on December 12, 2003 9:24:25 PM]

quote:
Original post by Michalson
err, why? Using the MySQL ODBC drivers (MyODBC) you can easily connect MySQL to the real thing.

Erm.. you didn''t need to word it that way.

How about

"That''s good work. Look into and see what they did since your library is quite similar" or something like that.

Dashing dreams = bad!

Not sure if this is the case with this set of libraries but one reason to write your own library over the odbc drivers is that odbc interfaces tend to be quite slow, having a library that connects natively to the mysql (even without the DLL which can be a little bit of a overhang at times) can be a real speed bonus.

deepdene, I''ll second that. Granted, I was acutally going thru PHP-Gtk, and not C, and accessing MS Access instead of an actual Database, so there may have been extra slowness.