How do they do this ???

Started by
5 comments, last by kheemeng 20 years, 4 months ago
clicky take a look at the background of the game ??? how do they do that ??? draw it pixel by pixel with ms paint ??? how ??? [edit: added clicky] [edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on December 12, 2003 9:42:46 PM]
Advertisement
Discreet 3DStudioMax and Adobe PhotoShop
Editor42 ...builds worlds
quote:Original post by Coincoin

+ damn good artist

Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
Yeah, looks like a 3d rendering, doesn''t mean they used discreet 3d studio max and photoshop, you could do the same with many other programs, such as POV-Ray, rhinocerous 3d, etc.
quote:Original post by Ready4Dis
you could do the same with many other programs, such as POV-Ray, rhinocerous 3d, etc.

Nah. If you use Rhino, everything comes out blurry.

*BA-DUM-CSSSHHH*
"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

[edited by - sneftel on December 12, 2003 9:53:13 PM]
quote:Original post by Sneftel
quote:Original post by Ready4Dis
you could do the same with many other programs, such as POV-Ray, rhinocerous 3d, etc.

Nah. If you use Rhino, everything comes out blurry.

*BA-DUM-CSSSHHH*
"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke

[edited by - sneftel on December 12, 2003 9:53:13 PM]

subtle, but lame.. i give it a 7.0

Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"
quote:Original post by Coincoin

Or Blender and The Gimp for the budget-conscious.

Backgrounds/graphics like that are not so much hard as they are time-consuming and technically challenging, if you have the right tools. Doing it with MSPaint, of course, would be an exercise in masochistic brutality on a par with flogging yourself with rusty nail-studded boards. Don''t try it, you''ll only fracture your sanity.

Josh
vertexnormal AT linuxmail DOT org

Check out Golem: Lands of Shadow, an isometrically rendered hack-and-slash inspired equally by Nethack and Diablo.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement